Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Still can't believe it

On Monday night, a close friend of mine, and one of Elizabeth's favorite "aunties", had a stroke and is in ICU in the hospital. At age 52. I just can't believe it. It's too early to know the long-term prognosis, but there is no doubt that my friend has a long, tough road ahead of her. I feel so worried and sad. I visited her yesterday and she is still very sedated and didn't respond to anything. So if anyone wants to send positive energy, thoughts and/or prayers her way, it would be much appreciated...
In more cheerful news, my little girl continues to amaze me. She is just such a joy. She wakes up chattering and gives me a huge smile when I walk into her room in the morning to get her. She loves to blow kisses and say "hi" to everyone who passes by us when we're at the store. She has a big developmental evaluation on Monday 9/8 (required before adoption). She looks on target to me in all areas! She is still not walking on her own, but at 13 months, I don't think that's considered a delay. I am getting kind of anxious though, I admit it. I guess I just like to worry. That's what moms do, right? :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Thinking of you. Lots of hugs from us to you. HKJMJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...