Saturday, June 1, 2013

Class field trip (that I didn't get to go on)

Yesterday, my girl's class went on a field trip to Davis Farms. I didn't get to go as a chaperone, but Maria did:) It was hot out! Yes, in typical New England style, we jumped from 55 degree weather to 90 degree weather overnight.

Maria stayed over at our house the night before so she and Miss E could get to school bright and early for the big day...

 

There was a splash park at the zoo!

Looks like it was a great day! Thanks for braving the heat, Maria, and chaperoning. I know it meant a lot to Elizabeth (and to me)!

Here is the part where I confess to having some jealousy and some mommy guilt that I didn't go. Being just one month into a new job makes it hard to take any time away. I've been working some long hours, which is good for my job performance, but not always so good for my mommy performance. I look back over the past year and I have in no way been as involved with E's class as I wanted or planned to be. Hopefully next year when she's in first grade (!!!!!) I'll be more settled in this job and will be able to do more in the classroom.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...