Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hello, my name is Anne, and I'm addicted to adoption blogs...

Yes, I admit it. I'm powerless. I am hopelessly addicted to reading adoption blogs. I just love "meeting" people by reading their blogs, and seeing the pics of their cute kids. I even feel slightly annoyed if they don't update every day or two. Even though I can miss a few days positing on MY blog, everyone else better keep up with theirs!! :)
The downside to my addiction is that I have a tendency to find the "adoption horror stories" too, the ones where someone has a child from the foster care system, for example, and think they will be able to adopt the child who has been living with them for months, or even years. But then something goes horribly wrong (for the PAP), the child is reunited with their birth parents, or some great-aunt pops out of the woodwork and is given the child. Ugg....I have GOT to stop reading these stories, they just scare me too much. Needless to say, the thought of Elizabeth being taken from me is just, well...can't even go there...
So, is there a Bloggers Anonymous I can go to??!!

2 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

I have actually considered canceling my internet. I have a serious problem too. My house needs to be cleaned, my yard could use some work, but here I sit, on the internet.

Tiffany

Kelley said...

I'm right there with you, too! Don't read the ones with horror stories...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...