Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Grrr...

So, Elizabeth has had some conjestion and watery eyes over the past few days. No fever, though, so I took her to Day Care today. E's Dr. says it is probably allergies. I called around mid day to see how she was doing. I spoke with Abby, the Day Care provider's assistant. Abby said that E was doing ok, but has a very runny nose, etc. We talked for a few minutes, then Abby asked, "Do you think her real mother did drugs?" Uggg...This isn't the first time someone has referred to E's birth mother as her "real mother." It just really bugs me. I know Abby wasn't trying to hurt my feelings. She isn't educated about adoption, and the language to use. It still really bothered me, though. I also didn't like her assumption that birth mother did drugs, and that is why Elizabeth has a runny nose at 23 months of age?? Yeah, whatever...Grrr...
This fake mom is signing off now to go check on the fake vaporizor in her fake daughter's bedroom.

3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Yeah, that would really bug me. The "real" part doesn't strike a nerve near as much as the drug part.

Kelley said...

I agree. "Grrrr......."

Heidi said...

oh, Anne! yeah .. i think at 23 mos. she'd just start to show the symptoms and you, as the "fake mom" certainly wouldn't have picked up on this ... therefore you need her babysitter to act on her behalf .. bec. obviously you haven't gotten to know E well enough to pick up on this. You have every right be be ticked off by this comment ... but I know *you know* that you are E's REAL mom! duh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...