Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bullet time

Yes, I've turned into one crappy blogger! And I've been really bad about taking pictures, too. Ugg!!! This move back east has really kicked my butt. A lot of stuff has been going on, so I'm just going to bust out the bullets. Here goes:

- I will officially start my new job a week from Monday, 10/19. Finally!! I expected to be able to start working much sooner after I got here, but the agency where I'll be employed has a new program manager who had all these concerns about my CA Marriage and Family Therapy license being transferred to Massachussets, because the agency really needs licensed MFTs, blah, blah, blah...Anyway, I took the licensing exam in Massachussets on 9/15. I won't get the results until late this month or early November. I'm just praying I passed. After a couple of meetings with the program director, he agreed to let me start working with the condition that I get licensed within 6 months. If I passed the exam I took in Sept., I should be all set. Anyway, I'm just happy to have a start date, at long last.
- I've been exploring Day Care options. I think I'm going to go with one place I looked at that seems really great 3 days a week, and Maria (my housemate/friend) will watch Elizabeth the other two days.
- A few nights ago, while no one was home, both my lap top and Maria's Lap Tops were stolen. Whoever did it came in through a window in my room that was shut, but not locked :( The Lap Tops were all that were taken, and I'm just so grateful no one was hurt. As far as my internet addiction/adoption blog goes, I still have my handy dandy desk top PC, so I'm good.;)
-I've never lived in an area that has more festivals. It seems like every weekend, there are at least 2 or 3 different festivals going on. Today, we went to the "Honk Festival" in Davis Square, where there lots of different bands playing Cajun music. It was fun. Elizabeth had a great time dancing! A couple of weeks ago, we went to the Fluff Festival. Our town is where Fluff (that gooey marshmellowy stuff) was invented, so there is an annual festival in honor of it. Funny!
-Elizabeth is growing by the hour it seems. In all areas, I mean. Her vocabulary, her fine and gross motor skills, all of it- has just exploded. She totally amazes me every day. Love my girl so, so much.
Guess that's it for now. I'll try to blog more often and get more pictures up (and this time I really mean it!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...