Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July from Maine!







Elizabeth and I came up to my parents' place in Maine on Saturday morning. Elizabeth did great and we zipped up in just 5 hours:) We arrived at about 2pm, and E was very happy to get out of the car and run around! She enjoyed swinging on the rope swing Grandpa set up... and trying to catch butterflies with a net...





Then, that night we went to a party at a Country Club nearby. Elizabeth met some other kids and ran around on the grass for most of the time we were there.




She met another little girl F., who was adopted from Guatemala.




On Sunday morning, the weather was a little iffy, but warm enough, so I took E to the Lily Pond on Deer Isle to go swimming. We didn't stay too long, since we were almost the only ones there. Elizabeth much prefers to have other kids around to play with. Just Mom is pretty boring, I guess...:)






That night, we had my favorite Maine dinner- Lobster!!



And since my Dad's birthday was last week, and E's is next week, I made a little birthday cake for dessert...Elizabeth and Grandpa blew out the candles together (see pic at the top of this post...I could not move this picture down here...Does anyone know a good way to move images around on Blogger?? I can never do it!)



This morning, we went to the 4th of July Pardade. There was a band, balloons, dogs, and lots of candy!


In the car afterward, with her bag of loot :)




We have been having a great weekend! More to come next post. Too tired and annoyed with Blogger to post more right now...:)

1 comment:

Betsy Keyes said...

Love the pictures and commentary - I feel like we were there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...