Friday, May 10, 2013

Well, hello there

Wow, I cannot believe it's been almost two weeks since I last posted. Bad blogger, bad blogger! My big excuse: I just finished my second week of a new job. It's been busy, stressful, and some long hours. But it's been kind of exhilarating, too. As I told my sister, each morning feels like I'm being shot out of a cannon. I have been pretty wiped out by the end of each day, and just haven't had the energy for blogging once Elizabeth is asleep. I really do love to blog, though, and am determined to keep it going.
Miss E is doing great. It blows my mind that she will be 6 in two months (still not sure what we're going to do for her birthday this year), and going in to 1st grade!! My baby is growing up fast. She has even slept in her own room for the last couple of nights. I'm hoping this will continue. I think, I know she really wants to have this independence. She's made several attempts in the past to sleep on her own, but usually ended up coming back to my bed. I think at almost 6, it's time. This morning, I was really proud of her. I knocked on her door and called out that it was time to wake up. A few minutes later, I opened her door, and she was already up and getting dressed all by herself. That may not sound like a big deal, but for us, it was. We've often struggled in the mornings to get her up and to dress herself. I know a lot of it is my fault. I totally and freely admit I have babied her too much in some areas. Morning time is one of those times when I know I do too much for her, like get her dressed. Mostly because I am in a hurry to get us to school/work on time. But still,  I know I should have been making her do more for herself, things that she is perfectly capable of doing. So this morning, when I opened her door and saw that she picked out her own clothes and was getting dressed with out any prompting (ok, nagging) from me, I was so proud. And it made our morning so much easier, and nicer. Needless to say, I praised her up the wazoo.
Our two little pets, Susie the mouse and Isabella the Beta fish are both still alive and doing well. By the way, mouse cages need to be cleaned out way more often than I had thought. Just sayin'...
On that note, I leave you with a little Elizabeth cuteness :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...