Sunday, August 28, 2011

Irene Sunday


































So by the time Hurricane Irene reached us today, it had been downgraded to a Tropical Storm. Really, it was just a blustery day, rainy and windy, but no damage or power outage, luckily! Miss E and I spent the day watching Nick Jr., playing some games, reading books, baking cookies, and even going for a couple quick walks outside. Elizabeth's Day Care is closed this coming week, so we are on vacation. I am excited that the weather is supposed to be good over the next few days. I am hoping to get in a beach day or two :) My girl and I love us some beach!!!



Our friend Julie from San Diego visited us for a couple of days, and we drove her down to her step mom's house in Rhode Island on Saturday. It felt like I barely got to see her, but we had a great visit. On Friday, while Elizabeth was at school, Julie and I went to a movie (Crazy, Stupid Love- cute), and out to lunch (Cheesecake factory- YUMMM!!), and did a little shopping. It felt very decadent to go to the movies and out to restaurant during the week. It was awesome!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...