Friday, June 6, 2008

Thanks!!

Just want to say a huge thank you for all your great advice! Much appreciated :)



Had another "Day Care Dilemma" this past week. Elizabeth got accepted into Early Head Start (after being on a waiting list for 6 months). I was going to enroll her, which would have meant changing her Day Care again. But in the end I decided not to, it just felt wrong to put her through another change right now. She has only been at her current DC for a couple of months, and she is doing well. Also, she has started getting a little bit of separation anxiety lately, and I just think putting her in a new DC at this time would be too hard on her (and ok, me).

I feel like she is going through lots of changes these days, like wanting to walk, starting to say some words, just in general acting more toddlerish than babyish a lot of the time. She has been sleeping through the night since she was about 6 months old, but the last couple of nights have been sort of rough, she has been waking up some. Not sure if it's teething or separation anxiety (she is fine, all cheerful once I go in and pick her up - I know, I know...) or what it is. Hopefully this will pass soon!! I hate letting her cry, all I can think of is all the "attachment in adoption" stuff I've read, and I worry that if I let her cry for 5 minutes, she will develop a major attachment disorder, and never trust me again. I just love my little girl so much and want to do all the right things. As I said to my mom last night, no one ever told me that parenthood involved making lots of hard decisions!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...