Thursday, July 3, 2008

The dreaded pink eye?

When I went to pick up Elizabeth from Day Care yesterday, they told me she may have an eye infection (Conjunctivitis, i.e. "pink eye"), since waking up from her nap, her left eye was runny and kind of red. And of course, she would not be allowed to come to Day Care today if her eye was still runny. Ugg- I have no sick time accumulated, since it's the beginning of the fiscal year (dumb agency policy) Plus I have some afternoon meetings I cannot miss. Her eye didn't look too bad to me, but it was a little watery. So I took her to the Doctor straight from Day Care yesterday PM, hoping he would say there was no infection, she is not contagious and give her a free pass to attend Day Care today. The Doctor ended up saying it was "possible" she has "early Conjunctivitis" and prescribed eye drops "to prevent a secondary bacterial infection." So I got the eye drops, which Elizabeth just loves, by the way...not. Anyway, I just kept my fingers crossed that Elizabeth's eyes would be normal looking this morning when she woke up and she'd be able to go to Day Care. Great sick child back-up plan I've got there, isn't it? Anyway, her eyes looked ok this morning, so I sent her to Day Care, and am praying for no "come get her, you're a terrible mother sending your sick, contagious child to Day Care" call. It's lunchtime, and so far so good...
This experience makes it clear to me that I'm going to have to come up with a better back-up plan than "keeping my fingers crossed" for when Elizabeth can't go to Day Care and I have to work. Gee, do ya think??

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I feel your pain...I had several situations like this last year. Maybe there's a friend or neighbor who could help you in a pinch...

Good luck!

(I'm glad the eyedrops seem to have worked!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...