Monday, July 21, 2008

What??

I never get into politics on this blog, but something that presidential candidate John McCain said really, really irks me. In a recent New York Times interview, he was asked his views on adoption, and he said, "I think we've proven that both parents are important in the success of a family." Ugg...I am so offended by that statement. I think I've made a pretty darn good life for Elizabeth, despite being a single mom. No, it isn't perfect. Not at all. But my little girl is happy, attached and thriving. She has me, and the most incrediably supportive family and friends ever. This is one kiddo not lacking for love, or security. Senator McCain is quite out of touch if he thinks the only legitimate family is the "traditional" nuclear family. The more I'm writing about this, the more worked up I'm getting, so I think I'll stop now...Thanks for letting me rant a little!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Don't let it bother you - he's just a politician, playing the game.

Kelley said...

Many children in two parent homes don't get the love and nurturing that others get from just loving parent! :) That's a fact.

Denise said...

Well, you could always find an abusive man to marry and then maybe McCain would be happy...

What scares me is that former Hillary Clinton supporters are actually considering voting for McCain. He is toeing the politically conservative line to get this nomination so let's not fool ourselves about what he will do if in office.

Elizabeth is looking cute as ever, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...