Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Being on vacation is the best!

This morning, after a visit from my new adoption social worker (more on that in a minute), Elizabeth and I decided to take advantage of the warm, sunny weather and go to the playground for a bit. Also, I was feeling guilty that I had her cooped up in the car and her stroller so much yesterday while we went shopping. I love being off of work and being able to do stuff like this with her during the week!

It was getting close to naptime, so she is looking a little tired in these pictures :)







The social worker had no updates on a court date. Actually, she is waiting to get a completed physical form back from Elizabeth's Doctor. I turned it in to the Doctor's office on the day I got it, 12/18. When I called yesterday to see if it was completed, the nurse told me that it was only partially done, and the Doctor is out on vacation until Monday, so unfortunately, I will have to wait until next week :( But my sw said she'd try to get the court clerk to start scheduling a date for finalization anyway, even without the medical form. I guess this form is required in order to complete the adoption. So you better believe I'll be hounding that Doctor's office first thing Monday morning!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That Elizabeth is the cutest baby ever!

Anonymous said...

That strawberry outfit is too adorable, and boo on the doctors for being lazy...it seems like every time I try to get Evie an appt. with her Dr. she is doing hospital rounds that week. Why can't she just choose to work in an office or a hospital, why take a week off each month so that she can do both? I don't quite get it. Anyhow...hope the finalization is quick and smooth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...