Wednesday, November 30, 2011

4 Years ago today...



Four years ago today, in San Diego, CA, I met my daughter for the first time. She was 4 months old. I remember rushing home from work at 11am that Friday morning after Elizabeth's social worker Martha called to tell me she was on her way to my apt with E. I got to my place about 5 minutes before they did. When they arrived, it was pouring rain out. Elizabeth was sound asleep in the car seat in the back of Martha's car. I was so worried about E getting wet. I gently took E out of the car seat and wrapped her up in a blanket and hurried up my apartment, where it was warm and dry. My sweet little girl woke up and just took everything in. By now, there were two social workers in my apt., Martha, plus my social worker, Ann. They talked a lot, and had me sign a bunch things, but I have no idea what they said, or what I signed. I could only pay attention to this incredible, sweet little baby who had been brought to me. It would take another year and a half for the adoption to be finalized, but this day, 11/30/07, is the day we became a family. I love you, my little Princess. Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...