Wednesday, March 21, 2012

As if Kindergarten registration wasn't enough...

...now Miss Elizabeth has her first loose tooth!! She has said on and off for a couple of years now that she has a "looth tooth" when she didn't, but last night, she insisted that she did, and I checked it out myself, and sure enough, one of her lower teeth is wiggly! It seems so early to me for this! I thought teeth didn't start coming out until 6 or 7 years?? Anyway, it's funny this happened when it did, because I had just earlier in the day made a Dentist appointment for her for next week. It will be her first time at the Dentist. I know, I know, it's a little late...She probably should have started going a year ago. Here's the thing...I hate going to the Dentist more than just about anything in the world. I hate the pain, I hate the lectures about flossing, and I hate that I always seem to have to have extra procedures done that my insurance doesn't fully cover, and that cost a lot of money. But yesterday morning, I put on my big-girl pants and finally scheduled dentist appointments for both of us.
My little girl is not so little anymore. In fact, she is growing up way too fast for me...it's exciting and a little heart breaking at the same time :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

These days the pediatric dentists make it so much fun to go to the dentist... Be positive for her. My son got the short end of the stick dental wise so we've had to be really proactive with the flossing, etc. I went for his first checkup and he had 20+ cavities at age 3 and was never allowed candy or juice. But, I'm sure you'll be fine and she'll love it. Good luck.

-C- said...

I feel the same way as you about dentists. I'd rather pretty much anything else! I will probably procrastinate sending my daughter there too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...