Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Well, what can I say? This was the happiest, best Mother's Day EVER!!!! I cannot even tell you how blessed I feel to be this little girl's mother. The Child Dedication Ceremony at Church this morning was so special. As I stood at the front of the church with Elizabeth, I realized that I felt every bit as much of a mother as the other moms standing next to us with their children. I had no feelings of "faking it" or that I was not entitled to call myself Elizabeth's mother. It all just felt so right. I know that I was meant to be Elizabeth's mom.

I'm thinking a lot about Elizabeth's birthmother today. I can never find words to express my gratitude to her for the beautiful child she has given me. As I told my friend Julie today, I don't wish that Elizabeth had come out of me. If she had, she would not be the little person she is, and there is not a thing I would change about her. She is perfect exactly the way she is.








Here is the card she made me at Day Care on Friday :)


I want to say a big thank you for all your nice comments to my previous post, you are such great supports!! I love you my bloggy peeps!!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!!

2 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

What great pics! So glad everything went well. I always say that I could have never created someone as perfect as Eliza myself! Congrats to you and Elizabeth!

Tiffany

Kelley said...

Wonderful pictures! You've gotta love that little handprint flower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...