Thursday, January 5, 2012

Co sleeping

So...Elizabeth still sleeps with me. Mostly I don't mind it, sometimes I actually like it. The drawbacks are:
-I can't read in bed before going to sleep
-How can such a small person take up an entire queen sized bed??
-some nights E tosses and turns a lot, and I get elbowed and kicked
-I worry sometimes that I'm not fostering her "independence" enough
But the fact is, we don't see each other all day, so it's kind of nice to share that overnight time together (even if we're both sleeping!)
I've heard/read both sides of the argument for/against co sleeping. The truth is, you can always find some book or article to support your way of parenting. I think in the end you just have to do what feels right for you and your family. And right now, co sleeping feels right for us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...