Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Meet the parents



Elizabeth and I have had a busy couple of days. On Tuesday, we had lunch at Jeanette's house- thank you Jeanette!! It was great to introduce Elizabeth to yet another "Auntie," and I can't believe how big her daughter Grace is now! Elizabeth is already enjoying all the cool toys that Grace was nice enough to pass on to us, now that Grace is such a big girl!





Today, Elizabeth had a supervised visit with her birth parents. She was picked up by a monitor from the "visitation center" and brought back to me afterward. When the monitor came to pick her up, I had a really hard time letting her go, and kept hovering as the woman put Elizabeth into the car seat. The monitor was sort of looking at me strangely since as far as she knows, I'm "just a foster parent." Elizabeth was only gone about an hour and a half, but it seemed like much longer. I was trying to get so much done while she was gone, but I couldn't focus, and kept misplacing things and just basically spinning my wheels, and got very little accomplished. I did however, finally get her stroller put together. It was a rough hour and a half, apparently for both Elizabeth and me. When she came back, the monitor said that Elizabeth had been very fussy during the visit and so the monitor helped the parents try to soothe her. Elizabeth was exhausted after the visit, and took a very long nap this afternoon.


During her nap, I finally got to put a lot of things away and straighten up the apartment somewhat. Regarding the visit, am I bad for being sort of glad that she was fussy? I was thinking that maybe the parents will think, this is too hard, we don't want to do this! We'll see...All I know is, these visits are supposed to take place twice a week every Mon. and Wed. for who knows how long. Ugg...
Anyway, Miss Elizabeth continues to be doing great! She is so alert, and so interactive! She smiles and shreiks constantly. I am so in love!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Hi Anne,
I'm glad she was fussy too! And I do hope it sways them to think this truly is too much.

I CANNOT believe this will go on twice a week indefinitely! There is no justice in that!

Big hugs from the Bartleys ....

llg said...

I know this is late but hoping that a child's parents will give up on her so you can now "own" her is disgusting. But I guess in the end you won, right? They gave up on their child and you got what you wanted.

Anne said...

Hi llg, You are absolutely right, and I actually cringe when I look back on this post...entitled much?? Ugg...
Thanks for commenting...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...