Thursday, August 30, 2012

Summer vacation

We're still in vacation mode around here, since returning from San Diego.  I'm off of work all week, since there's no Child Care for E until she starts school next Thursday (!!!)...I'm definitely not complaining.  It is awesome having this time off to enjoy the end of summer.  (Did I just say the end of summer?  Boo hooo...it goes so fast...)  We've been hanging out a lot at home, enjoying the pool. 
Nothing says summer like having the ice cream truck come by!
We'll be going up to Maine tomorrow for the long weekend.  My parents are up at their house there for the summer.  However...last week, my Dad was rushed to the hospital with Pancreotitis.  He ended up having a gallstone removed, and then his Gallbladder.  Ugg...my poor Dad.  He's been in lots of pain :(   Fortunately, he's doing better now though and is supposed to be released from the hospital today.  I am really looking forward to seeing him, and my Mom, who has been doing a lot of driving back and forth to the hospital.  It's over an hour drive to the hospital (in Bangor) from their house.  Anyway...E and I are looking forward to going up and keeping them company for a few days :)

PS: I've dropped out of the top 5 to #6!  Please vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs by clicking the brown banner up above!  You can do this once a day...just sayin...:)  Thanks! xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...