Monday, July 16, 2012

Just a little over a month until...

Elizabeth and I go to San Diego...Whee!!  So excited...we haven't been there since we moved east almost 3 years ago.  Can I just say that I still have a little PTSD from that particular flight?  Elizabeth had recently turned 2.  Need I say more?  OMG, it was...bad...She was not happy about being made to stay her seat, despite all the snacks and toys I had.  I even tried to bribe her with my usually forbidden phone.  She looked at it for about 20 seconds, then threw it over the seat in front of us.  There was a lot of screaming and crying (and Elizabeth had a hard time, too)...It was so bad that after the flight, in the baggage claim area, an older man who'd been on our flight patted me on the arm and said, "It gets better..."  I was so tired and frazzled by that point, all I could manage was a wan smile at him in return. 
Well, obviously, Elizabeth has grown and changed in the past three years.  There is a huge difference between 2 and 5 years, right?  I am anticipating a much better experience this time.  And just to insure that things will go better, I've bought her a kids e-reader, which can be loaded with apps for games, etc.  It was going to be for her birthday, but I may wait until we fly out to give it to her. 

What about you?  Any travelling-with -kids horror stories?

2 comments:

Renee C. said...

Hi Anne, You have a gorgeous daughter! <3 Yes, traveling with a 5 year old is soooo much easier than traveling with a 2 year. We've traveled quite a bit and now that my kids are 9 and 5, it's so easy. My last horror story was over Christmas, the kids and myself were traveling standby trying to get from Winnipeg, Canada to Vancouver, Canada. It took us 3 flights and 36 hours of travel to do. Needless to say, we will NEVER fly standby again!

I am visiting from the MMM Hop and I'm now following you via GFC and RSS. Hope you get the chance to pop by and visit us soon! Cheers, Renee

http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com

Anne said...

Thanks for stopping by and sharing, Rene!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...